Gruntwork offers DevOps as a Service.
Our mission is to make software an order of magnitude easier to understand, develop, and deploy. The first step in that direction is to build products and technologies that completely transform how companies build infrastructure and do DevOps (read about our approach here ).
Here's who we are:
- We're distributed. Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- We're family friendly. No crazy hours.
- We're 100% bootstrapped and profitable. No investor pressure.
- We are working with some of the biggest brands in the world.
The team currently consists of two people:
- Yevgeniy (Jim) Brikman : Co-founder of Gruntwork. He is the author of two books published by O'Reilly Media: Hello, Startup and Terraform: Up & Running . Jim has more than a decade of experience building infrastructure and products for hundreds of millions of users at LinkedIn, TripAdvisor, Cisco Systems, and Thomson Financial. He's also active in the open source community , maintains a popular blog , and has given talks at conferences all over the world.
- Josh Padnick : Co-founder of Gruntwork. He is the author of a 12,000+ word guide to building scalable web apps on AWS which garnered 500+ upvotes on Hacker News, has presented on AWS and DevOps at numerous conferences and meetups, and built apps on AWS for 100,000+ users. Previously, he founded Omedix, now Edaris Health , a healthcare IT company that served over 4,200 providers and 500,000 patient-users prior to its acquisition.
We are a fully distributed company. Everyone works remotely, though we make an effort to meet up in person several times per year.
No offices. Feel free to work out of a co-working space, a coffee shop, your home, or anywhere else you're comfortable and productive.
How to apply
Here's who we are looking for:
- A seasoned developer...
- With experience running production software ("operations")...
- Who finds the current state of infrastructure and DevOps painful...
- And is passionate about making it better.
Interested? Email us at email@example.com.